Saturday, October 30, 2010

I caved! Blogger is not free.

This is the message I got trying to upload photo's a few days ago...

Whoops! You're out of space. You are using 100% of your 1 GB quota for photos.Purchase more storage
Photos are stored in your Picasa Web Albums account and are included in your 1 GB free quota for photos. Additional storage you purchase is shared between Gmail, Picasa Web Albums, and Google Docs, and is in addition to your free quota.Learn more

I tried everything to upload photos without using Google Picasa albums.  To no avail.  I'm sure there is a free way out there, but not for me. 
You know me I thrift whenever I can, so I justified the $5.00 spend for more space by thinking of all the money I have saved elsewhere.  It really wasn't the five bucks, it was the being backed into a corner with no other way, that gripes me.  
I had used 1GB of Picasa storage. Five bucks gives me 20GB more for one year.  Sounds like a deal, but a forced deal.  

So if you get the above message, save yourself some time and PURCHASE more storage.  Google stock will be going up soon.  Purchase some of that too!

Now I have to wait 24 hours for them to load the new storage to my account!  Figures, Google computer systems must be slow.  

UUUGGGGHHHH is now over.

11 comments:

  1. I have always used Picasa and have hundreds of photos stored there. You mean they are going to come tell me it is full and ask me to pay.
    That sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are learning - all those things that are ahead of me. I may be visiting via e-mail girl! This may get overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awful that you have to pay that. I have a Mac and use iPhoto that comes on the computer so I don't have to use Picasa anymore unless I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grrrr.... That's EXTREMEMLY ANNOYING.

    Blogger saves any photos loaded on your blog automnatically onto Picassa.

    I save my photos from my camera on my computer and load them up from there, rather than on Picassa.

    I hate things that sounds as though they're free and then suddenly,when you're fully embroileed, you have to cough up.

    I'm feeling your rage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, question, how long have you been blogging? Is that how you add your photos, though Picasa? I've been blogging for over 2 years, i think and have never had this message. I upload mine from IPhoto on my computer. I'm curious if this will happen to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Situations like that chap my bum! I have a Mac and just upload from iPhoto. Can't you upload straight from your computer? Try that! I have only used PIcasa a few times when I have done a collage. I hope I don't get the message, but we are glad you are still here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori, I learned about Picassa albums when I deleted a post yet the photo was still showing up at the bottom of my "other posts of interest". I had to hunt down that shot to delete it & have had to do the same thing with all of Caroline's photos. I've taken almost all the pictures of her off my blog & won't put up any more because I don't feel like I have control over them. One STILL keeps showing up, even though the post containing it & the photo are long gone. Grrrrrrr!!!!

    I've only been blogging a year so I am only 1/2 way to filling my 1 G quota. I should resize my photos to help cut down on that usage, but that is such a pain. :/

    The folks who are telling you to upload with other places don't understand that ALL of your photos, no matter where you upload them from, go into a Picassa album. Live Writer, Iphone, direct from computer...whatever, if its posted on your blog, then Picassa has it in an album. I never knew that until just recently. Mega Grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori-- I'm about 2 posts away from having to buy more storage, too! At least it's only $5. I was wondering what it was gonna cost me! Thanks for giving me the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use Picasa and recently purchased more space. I wasn't at my limit, but decided I was getting close and might as well spend the $5.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's something crazy....I've been blogging for five years (granted, I used to only blog once a week, but still)...and I JUST got that same message! I think this is something new! I also save my pics to my computer, make them smaller and load them. I also decided to get over and pay the 5 bucks, but if they are doing this to everyone....it's going to be really frustrating. I was interested to learn you had the same message b/c I wasn't so surprised given how many photos I put up, but this makes me think it's a new policy. grrrrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea!!
    Wow!

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...