Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dinner with friends

New recipe with old friends.
We had a couple over for dinner and actually cooked.  He was from Louisianan as well.  He and my husband attended college together.


First time I was getting to use my fleur de lis napkin rings.  I found this one in Winnfield, LA at a shop that one of my friends has opened.


I found this one on my recent trip to Natchitoches, LA.

Fleur de lis everywhere, even the candle holders.



Then we made Shrimp and Suasage maque chaux  (french for corn stew, I think).  I had never made it before, but the ingredients looked delicious and it was.


Start with the onions and peppers, you will need a huge skillet.
Add tomatoes and sausage and once our friends arrived and I forgot to take any more pictures.


But it did end up looking like this..


You can probably find the recipe on line through Louisiana Cooking magazine,  I ordered it and can't wait to see what other recipes I can try.

Side note, I called my Mom in Alexandria, LA and told her what I was making maque chaux, (mach shoe) and thought she would say "huh?" Nope, she said oh the corn dish!  Good Louisiana Mom.





2 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have!
    Your cozy and color rich table is one I would love to sit down to. Don't you just love fleur de lis? The dress up everything!
    Great recipe too! I have never heard of maque chaux. But it looks delicious. I am a huge fan of mixing sausage and shrimp. YUMMY!
    So nice to meet you today!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that looks so good! Did yu have a little cornbread with it?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...