Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dust ruffle done, now bumper pads needed

Before I start on the baby bed bumpers here are some stages of the dust ruffle.

I started with gorgeous grey fabrics.  Each side had box pleats.  The striped fabric will be in the background of each pleat.


I pinned each pleat and ironed the top and botton edges down with stitch witch.


I added an extra stitch at the top of each pleat.


Melissa helped me velcro the ruffle to the frame of the bed.


Here you get a sneak peek at one of the finished bumpers.


The fabrics I bought makes a dreamy baby girl bed.  Don't you think?  The finished bumper will have her name monogrammed facing the inside of the bed. 






4 comments:

  1. Lori, these fabrics are just beautiful! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori! Oh, this is so pretty and aren't you the smartest one making this. The little crib is going to be so pretty.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;0

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I love the fabrics. They are just gorgeous. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sweet mom and sil made my ruffled crib skirt for me and me oh my it ended up being quite a job! I had no idea or I wouldn't have asked them to. It seemed simple enough at the time but it *is* beautiful! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...