Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Steen's Syrup Cake

You know this is good if the name of the baker on the recipe sounds very french Louisiana.

I found this recipe in a local Dallas newspaper insert.  I will be making this again even the guys liked it.   
It reminds me of a gingerbread type cake.  Steen's syprup might be hard to find.  I included a picture of the factury location and phone number if you have to special order some.  But, I did find my can at Walmart. The small can is really not enough for what the recipe called for so I adjusted and left a little for the glaze and it tasted fine.  Really a moist and spiced cake.  I served with ice cream.

Recipe at the end of this post. 


The famous yellow can.




Look at that thick, dark drip of cane syrup!


Of course,  I added extra pecans. Did I mention coffee in the recipe too?


Recipe by Nancy Vienneau




5 comments:

  1. Oh how this sounds rich and gooey. Not to mention yummy, Lori! Sorry I have been such a bad blogging friend and haven't visited much. Life is so nuts and blogging has really taken a back seat to a lot of things. Believe it or not- I'm contemplating the red front door changing to a pretty blue. Different and unique for me. But I'll have it sprayed because I don't like brush strokes. This door came painted from the factory this way in this custom color. I'm just a little tired of it now. Thanks for stopping by. :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds WAY TOO GOOD! I bet they downed that thing in not time at all. I hope you had a great day. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound delicious! My hubby would really like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious. I hadn't realized it was a New Orleans thing - good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I've never heard of this cake before but it sounds wonderful and looks beautiful with all the chopped nuts on top! I'm sure it was delicious! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...