Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh Christmas tree oh eight foot Christmas tree...

How lovely are your branches...

Tree done...finally the last thing in the house.  I always say I will have it up the weekend after Thanksgiving and darn if stuff doesn't get in the way.   It is fresh and I did not have to sweep up one pine needle after we decorated.  We are talking very fresh.   I only had to sweep the one ornament I dropped and luckily just a little shiny red ball.

So Hark those herald Angels Sing... enjoy the tree.



As Lynley helped to place the ornaments she said "our tree doesn't have a theme", I said one word ... glass.  Every single one is breakable. 


A little Irish top hat.



With three daughters, I had to have at least one shoe on the tree.




Thanks Mom, you are my sunshine too!



My favorite Aunt gave me a lot of the figurines and this church ornament.  I can call her my favorite Aunt, because she really is and plus my Aunt Deedee doesn't read my blog.  



I experimented with my aperture setting on some of the photos.  And you can see some of the colored lights I placed in the fireplace in the background and reflecting on the wood floor.  

Each year you bring to me delight, meaning in the christmas night 
Oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree, of all the trees 

most lovey


Sharing with:
My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday
Wow, us Wednesday
Primp Your Stuff

8 comments:

  1. Your tree is so pretty Lori. Nothing beats a real tree. And you know I love those glass ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, That was worth waiting for because it is beautiful. What a great looking REAL tree. The shape is wonderful and there is nothing like a fresh tree. I NEVER had a themed tree until the last couple of years..and even now-it's not much of a theme-other than color and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is just beautiful. It has the prettiest shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my kind of tree - meaningful ornaments - not all "matchy-matchy." Just beautiful. And you did a fabulous job with the lights. My lights this year are a pitiful story, so I love looking at yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it is so pretty!!! I love all the glass! My tree used to have a theme and now it is the glass ornaments plus all Jemma's! Makes it special! I love your tree topper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lights reflecting in the background. Glass ornaments? Watch those twins next year! I have only soft ones one the lower branches and she does like to take them off and play with them:) Can you imagine that her parents don't allow her to do the same?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS TREE. Im two away from you in the Pinterest Party, so I've now pinned this post. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com. THANKS. Now following you, too. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lori! Oh, your tree is so beautiful. I love all the pretty ornaments and it looks so lovely with the light on.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...