Saturday, April 24, 2010

Before/After - ottoman, coffee table



For those of you that missed my Goodwill lunch trip.  I found this little lovely for $5.00.  Geez, the button legs should be worth that.  It had a solid frame and  Lynn is in need of a foot rest by the couch.  



Step One

Remove legs and spray paint chocolate brown.   Fill upside down and cut and tuck burlap.


OK, I must admit, I tried some suggestions for picture saturation of color... oops.  I am trying to learn from the Funky Junk Interiors tutorial, Sorry, still practicing.


Yep, hot glued the burlap right to the bottom of the frame.  Old faithful glue gun hanging in there. 
 It takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' so I still use the little gem.


Now cover the complete bottom with burlap and you got it, hot glue to the rescue.


Step two, flip over and begin on the topper.  I guess I will use the sewing machine for this part. I found some brown on sale fabric at Joanne's, 1/2 off made it $3.00 a yard.
Waverly samples will become a trim treatment, $1.00 per square. Four squares needed.


Legs still drying, I want to put them back on just for a look, 
but I will have patience and let them dry overnight.  Now I have to go dust off the sewing machine. 
The top half will be a little bit more complicated.


OK - sidenote - this project has gone on for over two weeks.  I had two Ooohlala Floral events scheduled.  One 25th anniversary dinner and one wedding.

Ooohlala!!



You get to fast forward to the finished product.   Which we truly enjoy by the way.
So come on over sit a spell and put your feet up.






I'm linking with
Funky Junk Interiors
LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
My Romantic Home




12 comments:

  1. What fun fabric combos! ...and WHAT a deal! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks waaayyyy better! Great choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome and I love the different fabrics! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for an ottoman of this quality for a long time. Lucky you. And I LOVE the outcome! Adorable!

    Thanks for linking this up to SNS!
    FJ Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!! What a great deal....it turned out beautiful! Thanks for linking up on Rescue Crew Review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an awesome deal, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. way to personalize it and make it suite your desires.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that, the eclectic mix of fabric, colors and patterns, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you got this for $5. What a deal. You did a great job with the recovering. Looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have your ottoman twin before at my house! I LOVE that thing...but right now, I have a blanket thingy safety pinned on it!!! Want to come over and fix mine too??? just asking!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...