Monday, October 7, 2013

Mini pumpkin pie muffins

Yes, I even have a Pinterest board with the title "Pumpkin Yum!"

If you want a bite, or two, or three of pumpkin pie, this recipe is for you.



My Pinterest picture inspiration


The recipe called for full cupcake size and it made 12.  I used my mini muffin pan and made 36!


You refrigerate them, add a dollop of whipped cream and try to only eat a few.  


You can make two bites out of one.  Or pop the whole yummy thing in your mouth.
They are great warm out of the oven, but chilled it tastes just like the yummy inside of a pumpkin pie.
Pinterest recipe below.  


Since I made mini's, I reduced the baking time to 15 minutes.  I sprayed my pan, worked wonderfully. Clean up would have been easier if I had small foil cupcake holders.  
I didn't have pumpkin spice and made my own.  One teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon each of Allspice and nutmeg.  


1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup evaporated milk
2/3 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking spray or just spray the cups with cooking spray.  Either of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked. Paper liners make it difficult to remove the cupcakes.
Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.  Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for twenty minutes and let cool for twenty minutes.  Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top and serve. Makes 12 cupcakes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, these look wonderful. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I have a "Recipes~Pumpkin" Pinterest board!! Visiting via At The Picket Fence linky party today. Have a great Monday! ~Sally @DrinkingFromMySaucer

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound great and I love that it only calls for 1/4 C sugar! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lori. I copied this recipe over to try it. I see that you really need foil liners so I need to pick those up. These look really yummy though- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...