Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sausage Cream Cheese Crescents

These are so easy, yummy and makes a bunch.  These Pinterest inspired treats will be on my list for easy company breakfast items or party appetizers.  



I used one 16 ounce package of "hot" ground sausage. Use mild if that is what your taste buds like.  You brown the sausage and then while it is hot add one 8 oz. block of cream cheese.  I used low fat, so I could have an excuse to eat more than one or two or... oh well. 


You then open two tubes of crescent roll dough and cut each triangle in half.  Place about a half teaspoon of the meat mixture in the center and roll.  I placed seam side down and then you bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes, until they are golden.  


I had this much meat mixture left over, I froze the left overs and plan to use for breakfast when I have company in a few weeks.  So buy three tubes of crescent rolls.  You can get another 16 rolls out of one batch.  


Pinterest inspiration:


You will need:
One 16 oz tube of ground sausage
I used Jimmy Dean hot
One 8 oz cream cheese block - any brand
3 tubes of refrigerated crescent roll dough - any brand
(A stick to fight people off from eating them before you can get them to the table)
Will make 48 rolls.


13 comments:

  1. Oh- I love those fast and easy appetizer recipes. Great for breakfast, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure sounds good! Looks like a great football munchie too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet momma! I bet those are yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great! Anything with sausage, and my family loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been making these for years (in fact my daughter made some for herself last night) but we do them a bit differently. We get the already cooked sausage links by Jimmy Dean and just roll them up in the croissants. I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, these are mouth watering! Don't you just love pinterest. Everything is so fun to try out once you pin it. That is what my entire sisters wedding was inspired by. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look yummy Lori! I must try them. Love Pinterest!!Your new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummm, these sound like something we would LOVE. Thanks sooo much.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so yummy! I will be pinning these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look delicious! In the winter, we make a dip that uses hot sausage and cream cheese. This looks very similar just made into crescents instead of eaten with chips. Thanks for sharing. I'm keeping this one as a great idea to make for a party. Thanks, Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum ... looks delicious ... I will take mine with mild sausage and I love Jimmy Dean too. Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings.

    Audrey Z @ http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...