Saturday, December 14, 2013

Ping Pong Ball Lights

Lynn wanted some of these.  Pretty and pretty pricey.  


 I saw an idea on a blog.  Sorry, I can't remember which one.  I bought a gross (144) of ping pong balls for $11.00 from Amazon.   

I used a pointed sharp knife and gently poked a slit in one side.  Hubby was sure I would slice a finger off.  But, if you are slow and gentle you will be fine. Then i slipped a ball over eac tiny light.  I had an extra string of 100 lights because of our short Christmas tree this year.   

Fun when lit.  Colored lighs might be fun for a birthday party.  This little project took me about 20 minutes to create.  

For now I placed them in the fireplace.  I like them and hubby does too.  Now, what to do with an extra 44 ping pong balls?

5 comments:

  1. Genius idea! What a cost effective solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is clever, what a neat idea Lori. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific idea! Would like to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori! Oh, these little lights are adorable! I could do this too! I love them and you are truly the most creative one! Thanks for popping in to see me and I'm wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I want to use these for my upcoming barn wedding! I agree that traditional "café lights" are pretty pricy and not to mention easily break. This way I can use my existing Christmas lights and borrow or buy added strands!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...