Monday, May 31, 2010

Guess where we were this weekend!

THE BIG APPLE, THE CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS, BROADWAY!!!


Lynn and I had the chance to spend the weekend in New York City.  
First time for Lynn, my first time since when I was ten.  (does that count really?)


As luck would have it, our best friends were in town too, 
only for the first night.  Frank, Diane and their daughter Annie who lives there!

We had just been to see Memphis.  Billy Elliott was on day two. Both Great!


We hated the color yellow and honking horns by the time we left.


Saturday we had breakfast at the Waldorf Astoria, thanks Diane and Frank!
Funny story, you have to ask me about it some time.



Then we walked to Central Park, "you know how much we love the park".
Shameless Arthur quote, sorry.  If you don't remember this line, rent the movie
now and enjoy it.


Dogwoods in the end of May!! 


We had to have lunch at Ray's Pizza.  Lynn's first name is Ray.


HUGE and delicious! Everything is not bigger in Texas. 
One pizza slice was the size of Texas. Well I exaggerate just a tad.


Day three started with Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. 
Best tip ever, the concierge told us to be on the first ferry 
of the day, if not a two hour wait just for the ferry.

When we got back from both Islands the line was wrapped
around Battery Park, heed this advise! We walked right up 
and got on the first ferry at 8:30.



Lynn waiting for me in the Great Hall at Ellis Island.  Could some of our
ancestors have walked these same floors?



Ground Zero, only thing to see here are cranes and fencing.


I do remember seeing the Rockettes and the movie Oliver here 
at Christmas time when I was 10. (so I guess it does count, thanks Mom and Dad)


We went looking for the ice rink for three days,
passed it three times going the wrong direction.  
Don't look for ice skaters in the summer, just a place to eat.


Church at St. Patrick's on Sunday and then dinner 
overlooking Times Square from our hotel.
Our hotel is directly behind all these signs.  10th floor.




Can you believe all that jammed into three days?

And we actually aren't exhausted, three and half hour plane ride 
home with a nap helped.  


3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a good time. I would love to go and stay there some time. Husband has no desire at all. We have visited for a short time travelling through, but that does not count.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NYC is one of my favorite! You hit all the high lights, and gave me some great tips for my next trip up north!! Your pictures are fabulous! I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC here I come!~ Been there lots....and like you, by the end of the visit, I can't stand the noise of the traffic...it is a fun place though to go visit and my boys love it too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...