Saturday, January 10, 2015

If diamonds are a girl's best friend...

Then caulk is a baseboards best friend.  Not what you expected by my post title?

Don't be afraid of this super easy project.
If you don't have a miter saw, ask beg a friend to come and cut your baseboard pieces for you.  In my case, it was my hairdresser.  Really!  We talk a lot while he is working his magic and he offered to come over and cut my baseboards, so hey, what's a girl to do.  
 Step one, above I liquid nailed the boards in place. No nails required.  I let them dry overnight.  Step two, goop your caulk in all the seams. 

 I interrupt this tutorial to show you my arsenal of tools.  Warm water (to clean hands and wring out my rag) Caulk gun, (cheapo is my brand)  and rags.
 Protection for your knees and work clothes.  I am ready!
 Extra tip: I cleaned my hands well between each section, for a fresh start.
 I would leave a gap by the grout line for easier clean up. 
Below you see first, the swipe with my wet finger on on the left. And then the second step, a clean wipe with damp rag on right.  It does not dry quickly, so you can take all the time you need to re-caulk and re-swipe.
 Final step... stand back and admire your handiwork.  Let dry overnight and then add a final top coat of paint on the trim and walls.  


Other bathroom remodel posts.

3 comments:

  1. Great job! We did our fair share of this on the remodel for our girls. I was so glad when we got to this step. It meant the end was in sight! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I sometimes joke that our house is held together with caulk and paint--doesn't it look great when it's finished? Thanks so much for linking up to the Pretty Preppy Party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done! I'm in this stage now with our bathroom. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...