Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Nanny's Orange Glazed Pecans

Nickie came for a visit and made these delicious pecans.  I just have to share the recipe below.  It is so fast and easy you could whip up a batch in time for Thanksgiving.  


Napkins I'm using too.  L for Lori or Lala or luscious oohlala pecans!


Sweet, orangey and yum!

Orange Glazed Pecans

2 1/2 cups pecan halves
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp orange zest
1 tbs water
3 tbs fresh squeezed orange juice

Blend sugar, water and orange juice and in a saucepan cook over low heat stirring occasionally until a teaspoon of syrup dropped in cold water forms a soft ball.  

Remove from heat, add orange zest and pecans to the glaze mixture.  Stir lightly to coat the nuts with the glaze.  Pour pecans onto wax paper and separate with a fork to cool completely.  

Stores well in a covered container.

Nickie says she recieved this recipe at a Sunday School class meeting.  Her friend Mary Jo brought these and shared the recipe.

3 comments:

  1. Very tasty I'm sure! Happy Thanksgiving Lori-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, these look delicious! I think I'll have to try these on Saturday, while we're watching football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy and tangy! I will have to try making this at home. I think my kids will love it. Your nanny is absolutely talented!

    http://topsitters.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...