Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The story of the 100 year old table continues...

I posted in October 2010 (click below)
This story about our hundred year old table.

I realized the original pictures were taken with my old camera.  Although, I still need to make one more step up with cameras, my current one took some better shots.  

Here are newer pictures of the table and a fun internet age story.


This table was originally made by my husband's Grand-Father, Lemmie.  My hubbie's Dad remembers doing his homework at this table around age 5 in 1920.  So, we know the table is 100 plus years old.

I know, I have a problem with collecting little creamers.  I have stopped.


It was handed down and down.  When my husband's Uncle's house was being emptied, it was one of the few things we took possession of.  Years later, I sanded and gave it a fresh coat of stain in 2010.



Yesterday, January 22, 2013, I received an email from someone named Carol.  A friend of hers had found my post about Ida, my husband's Grand-mother.  Carol is a relation, she is Ida's sister Mary's Grand-daughter.  I think I got that straight.  Here is a portion of the email from Carol.

A friend who is helping me with my genealogy found your blog and the entry about the table. My grandmother, Mary Ellen (Burke) Henderson was Ida's sister. I was wondering if any members of your husband's family has any information about the parents of Lawrence Burke, Ida and Mary's father. I have a lot of information about their mother's family (which I would be happy to share if anyone was interested) but little information about him.

Don't you just love the internet?  Her friend must have googled Ida's name and came up with my earlier post.  One comment later and Carol was able to send me an email through my blog.  My mother-in-law is getting all the information she can remember together for Carol.  I have some pictures of Ida that I hope to copy and send to the her as well.  

Does that make my husband and Carol second cousins?   Her Grand-mother and my hubbies Grand-mother were sisters.  

Thus the saga of the library table continues..... oh if that little table could talk.



4 comments:

  1. Isn't that amazing? I would say they are cousins...second (I think). I love the history of that little table. Guess what? I have several of those little creamers, too. It's a sickness! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome story! I love genealogy stories like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is totally AMAZING!!! I do so love our modern technology!
    WHAT a great table! Love its history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stories like that!!! What did we do without the internet??? How are those babies? I need a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...