It might look easy, but it is a lot of work.
The first step was to cut t-shirt squares. We used 12 X 12 inch pieces. Then numbered them once we got them in the locations Lynley wanted them.
Next, Lynley ironed a light weight fusible fabric to back of each square to keep them flat and make them thick and easy to sew through. The three inch crimson pieces of fabric were sewn around each square side and then long crimson pieces attached the five rows of three squares together. Then I had to sew two long side strips on either side edge and the top part of the blanket was finished.
We used a piece of flannel fabric for the back, sewed the front and back together to form a huge pillow case and filled the inside with a flat piece of poly fill.
We tacked the front and back randomly to hold the poly fill in place.
I finished by sewing the bottom opening shut and we called it done.
We even got a Beat Texas weekend t-shirt in the mix.
It is warm and comfy and we fight over who gets to be under it when we are on the couch. Hubby wants me to make a king sized one for our master bed. Uh - no. You couldn't pay me enough to make another one. It was a labor of love. We figure about 10 hours total to make one twin sized blanket.