Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Gallon of paint and a new room!


The red is the before picture.  I think I was the only one in the family that liked the red room.  So, I have been admiring this color, Latte by Sherwin Williams, that other people have used.  The pictures don't do it justice.  Just think warm cup of coffee with cream.  Wouldn't you want to sleep in that?

It took 5 hours start to finish.  I had to use Kiltz to cover the red, one coat.  I learned that painting the trim first went a lot faster and neater.  I did that by mistake, because I was a 1/2 hour late to the paint store and they were closed, but I had the trim paint already.  The project would have gone a lot faster, but my interior decorator, Lynley was not home to help.  We did her room in two hours together.  I couldn't wait for her to come home for Christmas break, (she will be home on the 16th! Yeah!!)

She has also warned me that we cannot put one ornament on the tree until she gets home.  She did give us permission to purchase the tree without her. Lynley is the official "tree picker outer".  We sent pictures over our phones.  She'll love the one her Dad and I picked out.  We haven't shopped alone for a tree in 25 years!  Pictures of Christmas decorations to follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...