Friday, April 5, 2013

Sweet Potato Souffle

Not just for Thanksgiving anymore..

This was super easy and I made it the day before and just popped in the oven to heat up on the day we had our family dinner.  


The recipe did not call for pecans, but because I had some and because I love them, they ended up on top.


Recipe

Eight baked sweet potatoes
(scoop out of skin and place in a large mixing bowl)

Add:
2/3 to one cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
1 tsp. vanilla
about one cup milk
Couple handfulls of chopped pecans (optional)

Mix with a blender until super smooth.
Place in your baking dish and heat until the edges are bubbly.
375 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes.  Covered with foil until the last five minutes.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. OH YEAH BABY! I think it's the butter that puts it over the top! Are you sure you are not a Wisconsin girl? lol I love to do these on occasion when no one is expecting them. Great recipe...and I love the pecans, too. xo Diana

      Delete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...