Saturday, January 28, 2012

Arabian Nights and a Mardi Gras Ball


The theme for the Ball was Arabian Nights.


There were "camels".  One of our friends greated us at the entrance tent in her "costume" for the night.



Each Krewe member decorated their table for the night.  It was fun to wander around and see all the different table decorations.  Some were very elaborate.


Yep you are correct, table number 79.  This was a huge party.  Live band for dancing the night away and a full buffet breakfast after midnight.  




To start the party off the harem paraded in throwing beads of course.


Our very brave and beautiful hostess for the night was part of the belly dance team that started off the night.  She (in purple) did a wonderful job by the way and said they had been practicing since June.   


The harem then paraded around the dance floor, right after they announced the King and the party was underway.  


If you ever get the chance you have to go to one of these events.  I'm still afraid of New Orleans Mardi Gras though.  Let's just say it's not on my bucket list of things to do. 


4 comments:

  1. Love the colorful decorations! Glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! What a fun night! I have always wanted to go to one but like you, I am afraid of New Orleans! I don't need THAT much fun!! Everything looks so colorful and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed seeing the festivities. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Hey I’m for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It really useful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to present something back and aid others like you helped me.
    Get more info Arabian Nights Theme Party Decoration Service

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...