Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Peek at wedding flowers


I love when a bride thinks outside the box.


I used these succulents above.  I cut off the tops and placed them on a bed of moss, surrounding a mason jar filled with a tea light.  Next to that was placed a monochromatic fresh flower arrangement.  Her bridal colors where tangerine, lime green and white.


Above boutinierre, even the guys got to enjoy the twist on the designs.


These were placed by the guest sign in book at the church and then at the reception. Ooohlala. 
 I have asked the photographer to share their photographs, so I hope to share more.  The event was an old building in old downtown Plano, TX.  Event 1013. 

Fun weekend for me and the bride and groom are now enjoying their honeymoon.  

flowers used:
white Lisianthus
green spider mums
tangerine roses
Bells of Ireland
Lots of succulents
Grooms boots (I found their succulents at our Coppell Farmers Market)

Oh and I got to enjoy these at home, love leftovers.
Mango calla lilies, lisianthus and roses.


Sharing with:

Show and Tell Friday - My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday - At the Picket Fence


10 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the twist on things! New & different. How did they hold up? Wish I was closer - would love to work with you. Hope to see more pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those too!!!! So exciting all these succulents that are being used in everything these days..such a pretty job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo pretty! I'm kind of obsessed with flowers lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those would be a really fun change! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely lovely! I adore that you used succulents and especially the boutonnieres! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. A friend bought some succulents yesterday and now I want some, too. :))

    O, and just heard the egg timer thingy from WS doesn't work very well. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun flowers and color combo for a wedding Lori. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful Lori! You are so creative and talented and it was great to see something so unique and original. I had a lot of lisianthus in my own wedding so that brought back memories! :-) Thanks for sharing this at Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  9. very creative, and as you probably told Karen, succulents are the easiest plants to hold up its foliage... Only the stems break easily.

    come link it up at our themed linky parties...

    rose
    http://www.FineCraftGuild.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun combination! I love the colors, and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...