Monday, October 24, 2016

Pumpkin Pie Cake

 You can see the magic of how the pie layer settles to the bottom and the cake part floats to the top of this yummy recipe.  I used vanilla icing, but next time I might just use a dollop of cool whip.  The cake itself is pretty sweet.  
Napkins I am using .... of course candy corn pattern.

Yes!!  Pumpkin Pie Cake!  
Rolled all into one yummy dessert. 

Pumpkin Pie Cake
One can 30 oz. Pumpkin Pie Mix
One box Spice cake
4 eggs
2 sticks of butter, melted

Vanilla icing (I used premade in a tub) 1 tub

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
9x13 pan, greased

I used a stand up mixer
Mix canned pumpkin pie mix and 4 eggs
when completely combined,
add 1/3 cake mix
add 1/3 melted butter
repeat till all mix and butter are added
(this helps the powdered cake mix to not fly all over your kitchen) so I've heard.
Once combined, pour into your cake pan

Bake 45-55 minutes for the center to NOT be jiggly.  Mine took 50 minutes.

Completely cool and top with icing.

Make 12 generous pieces

Think Thanksgiving! or tonight!




3 comments:

  1. Lori, this looks delicious.
    I bookmarked your post so I can find it to have Thanksgiving!
    Thank you!

    Laura
    White Spray Paint

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Laura, I think I have eaten half the cake myself. You will impress everyone at Thanksgiving. Don't tell them how easy it was to make.

      Delete
  2. Well, that sounds quick easy and DECADENT. Thanks--I think! lol I am prone to end up eating things like this myself since hubby can't eat regular food anymore. lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...