Friday, April 15, 2016

Round Top ~ my top ten photo's .... or twenty....



If you have never been to Round Top, when you do go, you will see and feel a very different experience.  Round Top is experiencing a real estate boom and "outsiders" setting up permanent residence.  The "feel" is a changing with new warehouse type shopping.  The Warrenton area will still give you a look at what it used to be. It made me kind of sad.  Texas Monthly had a good article about the changes.
 If anyone knows where I can find the below horse head for less than $175.00, please let me know!
I must give you a tip to never to go to Round Top on the final weekend.  The place was pretty picked over and lots of vendors were already packing up on Saturday. Junkology was closed the entire Saturday.  


 Blue Hills is a super great area and they have built a few new pavilions.
 But alas, empty walls here too!

 Only one daughter, MissAnnMarie and one of my sisters were able to make the trip this year.  I can't remember the last time we had one on one time.  It was fabulous and I might have spoiled her a little.  

 "The Compound" is one of those new areas.  They did build eclectic barn type buildings.  It does draw you in.  We didn't purchase one thing in this cluster of five buildings.

 We all agreed we want a camp house or lake house where doors open on one full side like these!

 Down the road a bit we found tents more to our liking.  My thirtyish daughter did ask what the spools were!  Really she did!  Held one up and said "what are these?"
 See what I mean about things being picked over.   Some of the display walls were very bare. But, if you want a Chinese dragon head, Chinese checker board or a strong man bell ringer thing without the bell.  You can find it here.


 I wonder how long it took to make this denim rug and how fun is this table base?

 The red band uniforms caught my eye first and then the city name!  My college town of Ruston, LA. Yes, the owner of this booth grew up in Ruston and a girlfriend called her to see if she wanted the band uniforms for her shop.  Reminds me of 76 trombones and Music Man.


 We managed to fill the car, after several different load and unloads.  Then we found the least amount of traffic to hit the road for home!  It was more of a girls weekend than a shopping one, usually we are filled to the top of the car roof.
Till next time .... Round Top, Texas

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Your photos are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...