Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Nutty as a fruitcake

My mother-in-law has been living with us off and on now for over three years.  We share this phase of our lives with my husband's brother in Georgia.  She has many adorable phrases that remind me of her.

If she gets a bit mixed up, her favorite saying is "Oh, I am just nutty as a fruitcake!"

So, in honor of Nicke, here is my recipe for "Nutty as a fruitcake fudge"
Thanks, for the basic recipe here .
Lynn, with Happier than a Pig in Mud!

Lynn, I am not sure why, but my fudge turned very soft, not firm.  

 My fruity ingredients were golden raisins, dried pineapple, dried mango, cranberries and apricots.  The nutty part was pecans. The raisins may have sipped on some orange liqueur while they were waiting to be mixed in with the white chocolate!

Fruitcake White Chocolate Microwave Fudge
14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
12 oz white chocolate chips-I used Ghirardelli
2 - 2 1/2 C chopped mix/match traditional fruitcake add ins:
-dried apricots
-dried cranberries-I, um, forgot I had these-bummer
-dried pineapple
-candied cherries
-raisins
-nuts of choice-I used toasted walnuts
2 Tblsp liquor of choice: dark rum, brandy, bourbon or orange liquor
1 tsp vanilla
  1. Microwave raisins in liquor of choice for 20 seconds. I had dark rum. Stir and set aside as you chop the rest of the fruit and nuts.
  2. Heat milk and white chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir, zap in little spurts until the chocolate has melted and is smooth.
  3. Quickly stir in everything else.  
  4. Pour into an 8x8 pan that has been lined with non-stick foil. Press down a bit and spread evenly.
  5. Chill at least one hour (longer is better), cut into squares and enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear it didn't firm up for you. I was actually worried mine would be a little too dense... Since chips come in smaller bags I did weigh mine to make 12 oz? Bummer.

    I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving Lori-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I’m gonna be as nutty as a Fruitcake too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...