Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Den ~ the updated look has started...


Four things done

New wall color - Nomadic Desert
New throw pillows - Homegoods
New area rug - Tuesday Morning - Mocha
DIY - new ottoman cover - Cutting Corners Fabric



I found a product called NU Foam - by poly-fil at Joanne's Fabric.  I cut my fabric for the top piece, leaving about two inch extra of fabric on each side.  I centered the damask pattern on this piece.


After I measured and cut the four sides, I just pinned the sides to the top piece and sewed them together along each seam.  


I used a staple gun to attach the bottom edges, so the button feet show for a modern clean look.
Then I added button trim.  You just have to see the buttons close up.


I found these buttons at my newest addiction website.  Pick Your Plum.  You won't be able to go there and buy them.  Each day the item they sell changes.  After the day it is posted, you can no longer purchase that item.  Sometimes popular items get posted again.  You just have to keep looking everyday.  
The buttons could be customized with any words you wanted. Buttons aren't cheap, but these were.  Eight personalized buttons, $7.99 total.  


Oh, the walls were a dark green. Green walls are gone and now a yummy fresh brighter creamy color.


Raylyn loves the new super soft rug.  She was the first to try it out.  It is a chunky super soft shag.  Did I mention how super soft it is?  I got a thumbs up from ALL three of my girls.  I had my choices down to three rugs and then took my decorator to make the final selection.  (Decorator as in my youngest daughter, a degree plus a great eye for all things home).  Nice to get some use out of those college dollars. wink,wink!   

Raylyn has found her hands!  Who agrees she looks like a china doll?!  A three month old doll!  



Sharing with:

5 comments:

  1. I love your ottoman! And what a cuuuuute baby! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of the ottoman, Lori! And yes, an absolute china doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so darn talented! I have to get to blogging again to show my window seat cushion I made! No sewing involved! :-) She is a little china doll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks exactly like my Madame Alexander baby Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks fabulous and look at your ottoman! I love it and your are the most creative one. The buttons look great with the pretty fabric.
    Thanks for popping in to see me and ye, I love that little china doll - what a little darling!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...