Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rum Glazed Sweet Potato Cakes

I made these completely from scratch, boy did I feel like a baker.  Every inch of my counter space was full with ingredients, my mixer, my food processor, a huge mixing bowl, chopping board, measuring cups and wire racks for cooling and glazing.  It happened to be a rainy morning and a cool front had just swept in and chilled the temperature outside a bit.  Great day to bake.  


I would adjust some things if I ever want to bake these again and use every single cooking item I own.  I needed extra pecans, but I always need extra pecans.  I also ran short on the glaze.  But my daughter liked them better without, so she ate all of those.  


I used a mini-bundt pan and a couple of mini-loaf pans.  Tip - three medium sized roasted sweet potatoes purees down to about two cups.  I also threw some chopped pecans in the batter.  If the glaze tends to cool and thicken and you can't dip anymore, just pop the pan back on the heat for a few seconds.


Southern Living recipe here


A surprise inside these yummy little cakes are rum soaked golden raisins.  I froze a dozen for Thanksgiving.  Just saying, they are really great with a dollup of whipped cream on the side.

Sharing with:
Cowgirl Up!  Cedar Hill Ranch
Wow Us Wednesday - Savvy Southern Style
My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday

6 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness.
    This looks SO good!!! I was just telling someone that new recipes SOUND so good but I am TOO TIRED to try them. Now THIS one may be the one to get me out of the hum drum baking I've been doing. We have a crop of pecans so I guess I better get LD to cracking and shelling them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were a busy baker!!!! Those look yummy! I am looking for some neat goodies to have for Thanksgiving! This might do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness- I think I just drooled into my keyboard-propped up here in my bed a 1 am. Those look wonderful!!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! I'll bet the raisins really make them special! Enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were they a desert or a side dish? They look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look and sound Divine! Now you've made me hungry... *LOL*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...