Pecan Praline Monkey Bread! Perfect, for when I had the family over for brunch the Sunday before Fat Tuesday.
I know it looks like a lot, but your probably have everything but the canned biscuits.
Napkins I am using, very Frenchy, perfect for Mardi Gras! Love my new Williams-Sonoma measuring cup.
Looks like regular Monkey Bread out of the oven. Flip it over and you see the praline gooeyness.
Found the recipe here on Pinterest at Spicey Southern Kitchen.
You know you want some of this for tomorrow! Happy Mardi Gras!
Mardi Gras Monkey Bread
This delicious Monkey bread is decked out with Mardi Gras colored sprinkles and is simple to make using refrigerated biscuits.
Recipe type: Bread
- 4 tubes refrigerated Homestyle Biscuits (not the Grands)
- 1¾ cup sugar, separated
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup sugar, pecan pieces, and cinnamon. Roll each biscuit piece in sugar mixture and then place in a Bundt pan. You should use most of the sugar mixture up, but it's ok to have some left over.
- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, brown sugar, evaporated milk, and butter. Heat stirring occasionally, until butter melts. Pour over biscuit pieces.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then invert onto a cake stand or large plate.
- For Icing, whisk together powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Spread on top of Monkey Bread.