Sunday, October 16, 2011

My first can of Annie Sloan paint

Now what to do... I found a whole truck load of her paint at Round Top, TX Antique Week.
Robin from Lily Lane Home in Waco had set up this booth.  She gave me lots of tips too.

I think my project this weekend will include a few tables and just maybe my mantel.  



I bought a new color CoCo and the newest accessory.  A pour lid.  Lily said that everyone was complaining about the paint hardening around the top of the can.  They now have these lids they sell.




She said to give a piece a distressed look you can paint one coat and then sprinkle with water and wipe.  Or if you want to sand paper the piece, do that after you paint and wax.  


A new color is coming soon called Barcelona Orange.  She has ordered it, but it is not here yet.


Hmm... Lily Lane Home doesn't have a blog yet, but you can find the store in Waco in Spice Village.
Robin gave me no discount for the referral.  She is a very sweet lady and I told her I would let people know where she is, tell her you saw her stuff here if you pay her a visit.

6 comments:

  1. Whooo hooo..you go girl. I tell ya, that paint is great. I thought I would try my hand at regular paint about a week ago. Do you know I could not even use it, it was runny and terrible. Annie has spoiled me soo. That new coco color looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I can't wait to see how this paint works for you! After seeing so many posts about it, I want to try it. I've never done anything like that, but would like to try. I am just dreaming of the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan to paint a desk with the paint. I'm just trying to decide what color to use. :-)

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try coco, too some time. Yes the paint does dry around the top of the can. I need one or some of those lids. I have been using the new French Linen and it is a gorgeous grey. I never heard of wetting the paint and wiping it off. I have Annie Sloan's book of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have gone to the dark side!! Ha! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I want to try it, but I don't know on what yet. Your mantle... you are so brave! Go for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to get the Coco too! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...